Monthly Archives: October 2008
Fort Pickering Lighthouse is one of five Lighthouses actively guiding navigation through Salem Sound into Salem Harbor. Fort Pickering Light commemorates the lively maritime heritage of Winter Island when a Fort defended the harbor, a Lighthouse guarded shipping interests, and an Air Station protected New England waters. Fort Pickering and the former Air Station are on the grounds of Winter Island Maritime Park, a seasonal RV & Tent Campsite which overlooks Fort Pickering Lighthouse.
The Schooner Fame is sailing past the Lighthouse with her modern band of pirates. The Fame is a full-scale replica of the famous privateer ship which captured the first prize in the War of 1812.
For more information about Fort Pickering Lighthouse and Salem Travel Links, please click on the photo of the Lighthouse above.
Google Map of Fort Pickering Lighthouse
Photos from our Salem Fall Foliage Lighthouse Trip…
Peace Globes from forty nations are sailing around the digital highways. The peaceful revolution is evolving and expanding a vision for world peace…
Every Blogger posting their Dona nobis pacem Peace Globe live for the November 6, 2008 BlogBlast For Peace helps raise awareness of giving peace a real chance around the globe…
In Late Breaking News, my notice of Memeification (Meme Mummification) of the Blogblast For Peace Meme was discovered wrapped around a Technorati Black Hole… Please help pass this Power of Peace Meme through the Blogosphere.
BlogBlast For Peace Meme
To join this Peaceful Revolution and post a peace globe on November 6, 2008, please copy the following:
Join The Revolution
Here are the rules and the story.
1. Copy this into a post
2. ADD YOUR NAME to the bottom of the tag list
3. Tag at as many people as you’d like.
The Peace Globe project began in the fall of 2006 with a simple post from one blog, Mimi Writes. The post ignited a flame in the blogosphere. The flame became a passion. The passion became a movement. It amazingly traveled from blog to blog to blog across the globe. Bloggers wrote passionate articles on what peace means to them, along with the promise of three Latin words scribbled on a globe – Dona Nobis Pacem (Grant Us Peace) – branded with the integrity of their names or blog names. It was positively inspiring to watch. And it began to happen all over the world – from Singapore to China to Afghanistan to Brooklyn.
It was simple. And powerful.
In less than three weeks bloggers from all across the globe will blog for peace.
We will speak with one voice.
Won’t you join us?
November 6, 2008
How To Get Your Peace Globe In 4 easy steps!
1. Right CLICK and SAVE the peace globe below or choose from other designs HERE.
2. Sign the globe using Paint, Photoshop or a similar graphics tool. Decorate the globe anyway you wish. You can even include the name of your blog. Click here for hundreds of inspiring examples from previous BlogBlasts.
3. Return the peace globe to me via email @ mimiwrites2005 at yahoo.com – Let me know your blog’s name and url by leaving a comment HERE and signing the Mr. Linky. Your submission will be numbered and dated in the official gallery. Your globe and post will be listed on the Official BlogBlast For Peace website and The Peace Globe Posts page. Here’s the most important part:
4. On November 6, 2008 DISPLAY YOUR GLOBE IN A POST. Title your post “Dona Nobis Pacem”. This is important. The goal is for all blog post titles to say the same thing on the same day. Write about peace or simply fly your globe.
If you’d like to help spread the word, take this button to your site. The code is in my sidebar.
By the royal decree of Mimi, the Queen of Memes, the Current Meme Participates have been royally tagged…
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE TAGGED TO PLAY.
For more information on posting your Peace Globe, please click this banner:
To view the Peace Globe Gallery, please click this banner: